Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 27, 2008

WALKING!!!

As of this past week, I am officially a WALKER! I've been taking a few steps every now and then since I turned a year, but since this past Thursday, April 24th, I actually have a desire to walk and try really hard at it. It makes me feel so proud of myself when I walk from 1 thing to another without holding on to anything, and the smiles and cheers that come from mommy and daddy make it even so much more exciting for me! Last week I started standing up from sitting down all by myself and felt pretty steady, so I decided it was about time to be confident in myself and go ahead and at least try to walk on my own for more than 1 or 2 steps. I now can take several (7-12) steps from one thing to another all by myself and it seems that number keeps growing each day. Now sure, I occasionally fall down, get to going too fast and have a little tumble, and even crawl when I'm on a mission to get to something far away in a hurry, but for the most part I am doing pretty good! Nana and Papa are coming up just for a quick visit today, so I can't wait to show them my new skills...also, mommy hopes to get a video of me walking on here soon.

1 comment: